Guess who’s coming to dinner? My sister! Get a load of the list of things she wants to do while she’s here. You should have seen last year’s list. Someone’s sedintery lifestyle is getting ready to get shaken up and it’s not the cat posse’s.
1. Rent an RV.
2. Go see the towering coastal dunes in Guadalupe and go to oso flaco lake natural area and take the 2 ½ mile round trip hike to the beach, bring shovel to dig up old pieces of movie set from The ten commandments.
3. Shoot out light behind sister’s house.
4. Get to the rose bowl flea market whenever it is.
5. Go to. Il Capriccio on Vermont – get the chocolate torte
6. Vintage café and Bistro for breakfast – get the bread pudding French toast.
7. Go to Julienne in San Marino for Breakfast – same place you saw Daryl Gates the year you learned to ride a bike.
8. Go to the Armenian Starbucks at the NE corner of Hollywood and Western for a cup of Joe and to write in our journals.
9. Go to Malibu Seafood
10. Go to Sprinkles in Beverly hills for a cupcake
11. See some red headed parrots – wherever they are.
12. Go to the cottage garden next to trader Joe’s in South Pasadena and drool over the red/pink/beautiful poppies.
13. Go to Fatty’s and for sure get a “little pinky” for dessert.
14. Find Harry Bosch’s house. Then go to Musso & Franks.
15. This Metro angel directed me into the hills of Mt. Washington. Go see the metro angel.
16. Go to at least one farmers market.
17. Go see the pink Jesus, Mary, Joseph house in vicinity of strapping australian cowboy – combination stairway walk
18. This really doesn’t need to go on the list but I will put it here anyway – Tropical Café at least twice
19. Go to NORMS and get chicken fried steak with gravy and eggs and hash browns.
20. Rent Big Fish with Albert Finney.
21. go to yarn store 5028 Eagle Rock Blvd. Los Angeles, California 90041
22. make chicken picata with limoncella and buttermilk mashed potatoes and chipotle chicken sausage with goat cheese pizza and apple pear crisp for dessert
Yo Sister you forgot something… hows about we climb to Mt. Wilson and hang our bras from the tippy top of the tallest radio transmitter?
Hive mind is active in the blogosphere. Everywhere I go I read about someone else cleaning and organizing their studios. Mine’s really not a studio though. More like a workshop for 3 small gnomes, or 2 medium sized elves, or maybe one regular sized hobbit, which if you know anything about hobbits you know they aren’t regular-sized. They’re little.
This is my small taboret which sits under my small workbench in my small workshop. Those are the new Anthropologie drawer knobs I picked up today. They must have 40 or so different styles to choose from. I like the look of the gleaming little knobs against my grubby little cabinet.
I decided I couldn’t live without this shadowy floral spray. I cut a stencil of it the other day. Now I need to locate some flat grey spraypaint so everything can have floral shadows. This was just a little experimentation after the initial cut.
This is my clever sister’s new visual journal. I’m sure you’ll agree it’s absolutely fabulous. We’ll be working into the wee hours in our books.
p.s. sister that fish reminds me of the one you caught and released on our deep sea fishing expedition last year. sorry to dredge up bad memories but remember how you tripped over the bait bucket and you almost fell out of the boat? remember how right before we got on the boat you said to me as I was lagging behind, ‘come on it’ll be funny’